To edit a post that already exists on your site, got to Posts > All Posts, hover on the title of the post you want to edit in the list provided, and click on Edit
5.2 Create a new Post
1. To create a new post, got to Posts > Add New, hover on the title of the post you want to edit in the list provided, and click on Edit
2. Start filling in the blanks: enter your post title in the upper field, and enter your post body content in the main post editing box below it.
As needed, select a category where you’d like to include your Post, add tags, and make other selections from the sections below the post.
When you are ready, click Publish
5.3 Post Format
There are two types of post format that you can use for your post: Standard Format and Video Format
1. Standard Format
This is the default option for post format.
2. Video Format
On Video Format, you just have to paste your video url in Video Url metabox field.
5.4 Single Post Options
You might want to have individual settings for certain post. To achieve that, we provided several Post Settings options that you can find on each post. With this feature, you will be able to override Single Post Options from Customizer. This way, each post on your site can have its own settings.
You can find Post Settings options by going to Posts > Edit Post and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
1. Post Header Layout
Choose the post header layout you’d like to use for the current post. There are seven styles to choose from, besides the default template layout.
2. Post Sidebar Layout
Each post’s layout can be configured individually to have either left or right sidebar or no sidebar at all. Please choose the desired option from the select field in the Post Sidebar Layout metabox.
3. Breaking News Settings
You can show or hide the Breaking News Ticker on current post.
4. Post Meta Settings
You can show or hide Post Meta on current post.
5. Header Banner Settings
There are several options for the Header Banner:
You can show or hide the banner.
You can use either the featured image of the current post, or the image from customizer.
You can show or hide the banner title and you can set your own title.
You can show or hide the breadcrumbs on banner.
6. Social Meta Settings
7. Post Subtitle
On Default template and Layouts Styles 1-5, you can add a Post Subtitle.
In order to add subtitle to a post, first make sure that Custom Fields box from Screen Options is checked.
Next scroll down to the bottom of the page, and add New Custom Field. In the Name field type “subtitle” and in the Value field type your subtitle text.
5.5 Add Pagination to Post
If you want to split your post content into different pages, navigate to Text editor and insert the quicktag where you want to split your content.
Category is one of the pre-defined taxonomies in WordPress. It is used to sort and group content into different sections. A website publishing content on a variety of topics can divide their website into sections using categories.
Example: Reendex Theme have categories for articles filed under News, Sport, World, etc.
If no category is specified for a post then the post is automatically filed into the default category. In a new WordPress installation, the default category is ‘Uncategorized’. You can change the default category from Settings > Writing screen. A post can be filed under multiple categories and can have both categories and tags.
5.6.1 How to add Categories
1. You can add a new category from Posts > Categories tab. A post can be filed under multiple categories and can have both categories and tags.
2. Provide a name, and if you want you can add a Slug, which is a URL friendly name in lowercase and can only have letters, numbers, and hyphens. If you are creating a child category then choose a parent category. Provide a description for your category and click on Add New Category button. Only the category name is the required option to create a category and you can skip slug, parent, and description field if you want.
3. When you are ready, click Add New Category button.
5.6.2 How to edit Categories
Categories can be edited from Posts > Categories tab. Hover your mouse to the category you want to edit and then click on Edit link. This will open editor where you can change name, slug, add or remove a parent category, edit or add description.