If your site is running slow or not as fast as you’d like, there could be a few different issues:
1. Plugins – When you have multiple plugins installed and activated on your site, it can slow it down. The more plugins you use, the slower it will be. If you are experiencing a slow site, please disable all the plugins except for the ones that we include with our theme. Disable the extra plugins, then clear your browser cache and see if it speeds it up. Most likely it will, then you can re-enable the plugins one by one, and check the site speed each time to try and find out if it’s one specific plugin. Unfortunately there are plugins out there that can slow down your site, if you happen to find one please contact the plugin developer and report it to them.
2. Images – It’s very important to have your images optimized for the web. optimizing images can often yield some of the largest byte savings and performance improvements for your website: the fewer bytes the browser has to download, the less competition there is for the client’s bandwidth and the faster the browser can download and render useful content on the screen. Therefore, it is important tResize, Optimize & Compress your Images before using it on your Website. Here are some Tips which might come handy in optimizing images:
Resize your Images: Resize your Images before using it on your Website. Do not just Download an Image & place it as it is in your Website’s Tag without resizing it. The size/resolution of the Image matters since it is not recommended to use an Image size of 1200px x 800px in a Content Size of 300px x 200px as this is unnecessary. Resize it to 300px x 200px
Image Formats: There are three common file types that are used for web images which are JPEG, GIF, & PNG. For images with a Flat Background use JPEG images, for images with a Transparent background use PNG images and for images with Animations use GIF images.
Compressing Images: Images Compression is important as it considerably reduces the size without losing the quality. There are several FREE Image Optimization Tools available for Download.
Online use TinyJPG. That’s a great tool to optimize your images with a perfect balance in quality and file size.
3. Server / Hosting – Sometimes slow speed can be a result of your hosting service. Some hosting services used shared hosting which can have an effect on speed. If you have checked the above two recommendations and the site is still slow, the most likely it is a server/hosting issue. It is recommended that you choose a Hosting Company/Server that provides a Reliable & a Fast Hosting Service. You can check out some recommended Hosting Services here: http://themeforest.net/get_hosting
4. Use A Cache Plugin – Your speed will certainly increase when you use cache plugin. I would recommend you to use WP Fastest Cache plugin. You can also read this article for other Caching Plugins recommendations.
10.2 Reducing Image Size Generation
Reendex Theme generates image sizes for the most important areas, so that images of fitting sizes can be loaded on the frontend instead of always loading the full image size. It may seem like a lot of images, but this reduces loading time considerably on the front end for your viewers. We feel the performance increase is well worth the extra image files. If you would like to change this to your needs, please read the information below.
1. Go to reendex folder and open the functions.php file.
2. Inside functions.php file locate the add_image_size calls there. Comment out any size you don’t want to include by adding a double backslash ( // ) before them.
3. Once finished, save your changes.
4. Run the Force Regenerate Thumbnails plugin to regenerate your thumbnails. After doing this, all sizes you don’t want included will be removed.